The Terberg family business was established way back in 1869. That year a village smithy was started in Benschop, in the province of Utrecht. After World War II the owners started to modify surplus army trucks, left behind in Europe in large numbers by the Allied Forces. In 1966 Terberg started to produce trucks under its own name. These were robust trucks that were mainly used in the construction industry as tippers or concrete mixers. In 1973 the production of terminal tractors was started. These vehicles were equipped with hydraulically operated fifth wheels in order to move semi-trailers quickly. In the first years of truck production Terberg utilised Mercedes-Benz components, such as cabs and diesel engines. From 1974 onwards Terberg switched largely to Volvo components. In 1978 Terberg introduced its first 8x8 F1800 model. This model was further developed into the higly successful F2000 chassis. Terberg was one of the first truck manufacturers who introduced a five-axle chassis, in 1984, which could gross at 46 tonnes. After the F-series, the FL- and the FM-series were developed. The ever increasing competition and the economic downturn in the construction industry led the Terberg directors to the decision to cease truck production at the end of 2013. In nearly 50 years more than 6,800 trucks were built by Terberg. In 1973 the Terberg directors probably did not foresee that the introduction of the first terminal tractor for use at container terminals, harbour sites, and industrial zones, would lead to worldwide market leadership. In more than 40 years the sale of this type of vehicle has become the most important activity of the Terberg Group. The tractors are exported to more than 100 countries.
Price is 35 pound including transport in Europe